OPTION PLAY edition 2
- OPTION PLAY is a fun tool and social card game that helps students feel confident as they prepare for the transition from high school to college.
- Players will have lots of fun as they read through a range of scenarios experienced by first-year college students.
- The game requires players to use answer cards to choose or invent serious, silly, innovative, and risky possibilities.
- With OPTION PLAY, students will enjoy laughing and competing with each other, and getting immediate feedback from the group about their choices.
High School SENIOR TRANSITION
Embrace, Don't Run
- One OPTION PLAY game unit for every 10 students (suggested)
- Worksheet with Components 1-8 for seniors to complete before the workshop
- 1 hour meeting with counselors to learn how to use OPTION PLAY, and to develop a transition plan for senior class based on counselor assessment, before or after workshop
- 1 - 3 hour session workshop with students to play and debrief OPTION PLAY, and process Components 1-8.
Using OPTION PLAY with college freshman
- One OPTION PLAY game unit for every 10 students
- 1 hour session with RAs to play OPTION PLAY
- 1-2 hour session to plan using OPTION PLAY with students, connecting this to required learning outcomes, and learn about customizable options for one-on-one counseling and smaller groups